EVENT OF OUR LAND IS OUR LIFE
WHEN SPIDERS UNITE THEIR WEBS, THEY TIE A LION
AEFJN co-organizes a session of the VENRO Lobby event of the German Presidency of the European Union. The details of the session is found following. AEFJN will facilitate the breakout session of the Social Responsibilities of Faith Communities. Please follow the link to register for the plenary and chose your break out session. Registration link here
- Date: October 16, 2020 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm
- Organiser: AFSA (African Food Sovereignty Alliance) SECAM (Symposium of Episcopal Commission in Africa and Madagascar) AEFJN (Africa Europe Faith and Justice Network) CGLTE-OA (Convergence globale des luttes pour la terre et l’eau-Afrique de l’Ouest) RWA (Rural Womens’ Assembly) CICODEV (Institut pan africain pour la Citoyenneté, les Consommateurs et le Developpement) ACT Alliance-EU, CIDSE
Civil society webinar on rural development in Africa
Registration: Click on the link here to register by 15th October
You will have to indicate which break out room you would like to attend. Without the indication of a preference participants will be allocated randomly to a break out room.
N.B.: The event starts at 13.30, but we are encouraging participants to log in early (at 13h00), especially those who wish to get a quick training on how to use online tools to participate interactively in the breakout session, mainly in the session on the Role of faith-based actors.
Languages: interpretation will be provided in English, French and Portugese
Plenary session- 13.h30- 14h 30
- Bishop Sithembele Sipuka, SECAM (Symposium of Episcopal Commission for Africa and Madagascar)
- Busisiwe Mgangxela, Eastern Cape Agroecology Farmers’ Association
- Kone Massa, CGLTE-OA (Global Convergence of Land and Water Struggles in West Africa)
- Nina Moeller, Coventry University Center for Agroecology, Water and Resilience
Break out session- 14h30-15h30
- Social Responsibility of the Faith Communities
- Role of Women in Rural Development: Agroecology, Food and Nutrition Security
- Land Grab and Mechanisms for Monitoring and Holding to Account Activities of EU Investments (UNDROP and ETO)
- Finance for Agroecology: Under which conditions can finance work for agroecological transitions
This event is co-funded by the European Union.